Workbox is a Chicago-based specialized workspace company that provides professionals with a diverse platform to connect. Workbox currently has seven locations in four cities and has been one of the fastest-growing operators nationally by leveraging a differentiated services model. In addition to traditional office space and coworking solutions, Workbox offers direct access to a range of investors, vetted strategic advising via experienced mentors and professional specialists, as well as an unparalleled community of growing businesses.
Workbox is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a part time employee. In this entry-level role, you will support the finance department in various accounting tasks and financial operations. The ideal candidate should have a strong passion for numbers, excellent organizational skills, and a willingness to learn and grow in the field of accounting and finance. This role will report directly to the Senior Accountant and Financial Analyst and interact with members from all departments. This role is perfect for someone who is looking to gain entry level experience in finance and accounting.
- Accounts Payable: Manage the company’s payment platform and take ownership of the expenditure cycle.
- Accounts Receivable: Assist in processing invoices and payment receipts, work with Sales department to ensure accurate billing each month, monitor accounts to ensure timely payments and follow up on outstanding invoices.
- Ad-hoc projects: Complete various projects assigned by the finance and accounting department.
- Assist in Auditing: Support internal and external auditors by providing necessary documentation and information.
- General Administrative Tasks: Perform various administrative duties such as filing, record-keeping, and assisting in other tasks as assigned by the finance department.
- Educational Background: Pursuing a degree or coursework in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Attention to Detail: Strong attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and financial record-keeping.
- Organizational Skills: Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities, with the capacity to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Communication Skills: Good written and verbal communication skills to interact effectively within the team.
- Team Player: Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and willingness to assist colleagues when necessary.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Flexible schedule that can accommodate your academic commitments or other responsibilities.
- In office at least once a month is preferred with opportunities to complete work remotely. Office is located in Downtown Chicago.
- Fast pace, start-up environment.
- This is a part-time position requiring 20 hours per month commitment to start out. The hours may increase as the individual becomes comfortable in this role and has the ability to take on more responsibility.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested candidates should submit their resume outlining their qualifications for the position. Please send your application to [email protected].